The Consortium invites proposals for new online working groups focusing on specialized topics in the history of science, technology or medicine. Groups are hosted through the Consortium’s website. Participation will be promoted among the Consortium’s members, fellows and larger community. Individuals or groups can participate from anywhere via video conference.
Working groups foster a collegial and challenging environment for scholars at all levels to work in small groups, discussing works-in-progress and other literature on specialized topics.
- identify at least eight scholars committed to attending between four and eight meetings, held either weekly during the summer of 2021 or monthly during the 2021-2022 academic year
- include a description of the scope and purpose of a proposed working group
- indicate how the proposed group complements, overlaps with, or is distinct from, other currently active or past working groups
- include brief biographical statements from two or three scholars who will serve as conveners
- include a plan for promotion of the working group to relevant groups
- include a preliminary agenda for approximately seven meetings
- indicate whether the proposed working group is part of, or arises from, a larger project, conference session or other collaboration.
We encourage proposals with a mix of conveners at different levels of seniority. Renewal of successful groups will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Applications are due no later than February 1, 2021.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding working groups.